July 31-August 2nd, 2020
Post-conference workshops on Monday, August 3rd (“Low Prep-High Success with Justin Slocum Bailey and Elementary strategies with Allison Litten and Elissa McLean. More info coming soon).
At Express Fluency’s classroom at 12 Flat Street and also 118 Elliot Street
Over the course of these three days you will:
♦ Observe master teachers teaching language classes. You also have the option in being a student in these classes.
♦ Engage in hands-on workshops in the afternoons. (Options for beginner and experienced comprehensible-input based teachers.)
♦ Gain confidence in your ability to teach delightfully engaging classes that get your students understanding and speaking your language with ease (with limited planning time required of you!)
♦ Connect with a new group of friends and colleagues to support you in your coming school year and beyond.
We are delighted to be working with an another amazing group of presenters this summer!
La Maestra Loca, AKA Annabelle Williamson, will be joining us from New Orleans, LA
Justin Slocum Bailey of Indwelling Language joins us from Ann Arbor, MI
Allison Litten, 2019 Vermont Teacher of the Year joins us from Norwich, VT
Elissa McLean, founder of Express Fluency
Get graduate-level credit
Graduate-level credit is available through the University of the Pacific for an additional fee of $62/credit and writing 3-page paper per credit. We will provide you with the credit forms at the conference. For University credit questions/information please contact Dr. Lifson, University of the Pacific , Program Coordinator, 800 479 1995. See below for course titles you can choose from. Get more info here.
Visiting from out of town?
The Latchis hotel is right around the corner from the workshop and we will reserve a block of rooms. Please call them directly to book a room (802) 254-6300. There are also many AirBnB options in town. No car? You can take the train to Brattleboro and from there everything conference-related is walking distance.
Looking for a roommate? We can send you a link to a Google Doc after you register to help you connect with others looking to share a room or local teachers happy to host you.
Airport: The closest airport is Bradley near Hartford, CT.
Brattleboro is a great small town in southern Vermont. Great restaurants, trails, and an overall fun atmosphere.
Please note: The conference this year is being held in different buildings in the neighborhood. Ideally participants will enjoy walking, or will plan to have a vehicle to drive back and forth when necessary.
$350- Early Bird!!! Register by April 1st!
$375- Register by June 1st
$395-Register after June 1st
Post-conference workshops with Justin Slocum Bailey and Allison Litten and Elissa McLean: $75 for teachers participating in the 4-day workshop. $125 for post-conference workshops only.
We accept Purchase Orders from schools.
Cancelation Policy: If you cancel for any reason, you will be assessed a cancellation fee based on the date when you cancel: On or before July 1, 2019 – $50 per person. No refunds after July 1.
For more information:
Watch our 5-minute video compilation from our 2017 teacher workshop.
University of the Pacific courses you can get credit for:
- P EDU 9000: Practicum for Development of Instructional Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9001: Developing New Learning Activities Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9002: Developing Hands-On Activities to Enhance Learning Strategies (1-3)
- P EDU 9003: Learning Activities and Environment Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9004: New Curriculum Idea/Materials Development Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9005: Developing Learning Activities Through Hands-On Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9006: Curriculum Development Through Special Projects(1-3)
- P EDU 9007: Curriculum Enhancement Through Special Projects (1-3)
- P EDU 9008: Developing New Ideas in Education Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9009: Activities to Accelerate Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9010: Curriculum Enrichment Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9011: Creative Projects for the Classroom (1-3)
- P EDU 9012: Teaching Objectives with Hands-On Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9013: Hands-On Activities to Strengthen Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9014: Creating Practical Strategies and Ideas (1-3)
- P EDU 9289: Focus with Topics to Accelerate Learning (1-6)
- P EDU 9401: Developing Motivating Instructional Projects (1-3)
- P EDU 9085: Enhancing Curriculum with Learning Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9087: Expanding Today’s Curriculum with Teacher Made Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9199: Multi-Sensory Activities & Development (1-3)
- P EDU 9088: Adapting Curriculum Through Teacher-made Projects/Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9467: Language Arts Creativity Practicum (1-3)