2020 info coming soon! Email us to be the first to know when we confirm the dates and venue!
2019 Conference info…
Teacher Training in White River Junction, Vermont
Hartford Area Career & Technology Center
One Gifford Road
White River Junction, Vermont 05001
Join us for four fun and learning-filled days in beautiful Vermont this August.
Watch our 5-minute video compilation from our 2017 teacher workshop.
Over the course of these four days you will:
♦ Observe master teachers teaching (elementary, middle, high school and adult) students language classes. You also have the option in being a student in these classes.
♦ Engage in hands-on workshops in the afternoons. (Options for beginner and experienced CI teachers.)
♦ Gain confidence in your ability to teach delightfully engaging classes that get your students understanding and speaking your language with ease (with limited planning time required of you!)
♦ Connect with a new group of friends and colleagues to support you in your adventure using TPRS/CI in the coming school year and beyond.
Our instructors and presenters:
We are excited to be bringing together another star-studded cast of language teachers this summer. Our instructors have diverse teaching styles so you have the chance to experience many different approaches to teaching with Comprehensible Input. We are thrilled to announce that..
Linda Li will teach beginner Mandarin.
Justin Slocum Bailey of Indwelling Language joins us from Ann Arbor, Michigan to teach beginner Spanish and afternoon workshops.
Tina Hargaden will teach beginner French and offer afternoon workshops.
Joey Dziedzic from Aspen Public Schools will teach intermediate Spanish and offer afternoon workshops.
Allison Litten from Norwich, VT will teach beginner French for elementary students.
Teacher workshops in the afternoons will provide context and greater understanding of the skills involved in this way of teaching as well as guided practice and coaching.
All teachers will have the opportunity to practice skills and techniques experienced in the classes in supportive coaching sessions.
Check out the conference schedule.
Get graduate-level credit
Graduate-level credit is available through the University of the Pacific for an additional fee of $62/credit and writing 3-page paper per credit. We will provide you with the credit forms at the conference. For University credit questions/information please contact Dr. Lifson, University of the Pacific , Program Coordinator, 800 479 1995. See below for course titles you can choose from. Get more info here.
Morning language classes
These language classes are open to local elementary, middle and high school students as well as adults so that teachers can observe real-live students and teachers. Teachers are also welcome to participate in the classes as a student.
Afternoon teacher workshops
Access to online database of resources
Large doses of laughter and fun
Bring the family! Turn it into a vacation!
Would you like your child(ren) (and spouse?) to participate in our language camp? This fee is only $50/family member when you are enrolled in the 4-day workshop. Register here
Childcare is available in the afternoons while you are in workshops from 1-4pm. Please contact us if you are interested in this option.
Visiting from out of town?
We’ve reserved a block of rooms with a group discount at the Comfort Inn in White River Junction. You will need to call the hotel directly, at 802-295-3051 and tell the Front Desk staff person that want to reserve a room (either king or double) under the group name, Express Fluency. There will be public transportation available to the conference site.
Looking for a room mate? We can send you a link to a Google Doc after you register to help you connect with others looking to share a room. Or local teachers happy to host you.
$425- Register by June 1st
$450-Register after June 1st
Pre-conference workshops with Tina Hargaden or Justin Slocum Bailaey: $75 for teachers participating in the 4-day workshop. $125 for pre-conference workshops only. Register here.
Add lunch all four days: $65
Eating lunch at the school will save you time and allow you to socialize more with workshop instructors and participants.
We accept Purchase Orders from schools.
Cancelation Policy: If you cancel for any reason, you will be assessed a cancellation fee based on the date when you cancel: On or before July 1, 2019 – $50 per person. No refunds after July 1.
Groups of 3 or more from the same school get a $30 discount each. Enter code “grouprate” when registering and then send us an email with the names of the others in your group.
For more information:
University of the Pacific courses you can get credit for:
- P EDU 9000: Practicum for Development of Instructional Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9001: Developing New Learning Activities Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9002: Developing Hands-On Activities to Enhance Learning Strategies (1-3)
- P EDU 9003: Learning Activities and Environment Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9004: New Curriculum Idea/Materials Development Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9005: Developing Learning Activities Through Hands-On Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9006: Curriculum Development Through Special Projects(1-3)
- P EDU 9007: Curriculum Enhancement Through Special Projects (1-3)
- P EDU 9008: Developing New Ideas in Education Practicum (1-3)
- P EDU 9009: Activities to Accelerate Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9010: Curriculum Enrichment Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9011: Creative Projects for the Classroom (1-3)
- P EDU 9012: Teaching Objectives with Hands-On Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9013: Hands-On Activities to Strengthen Learning (1-3)
- P EDU 9014: Creating Practical Strategies and Ideas (1-3)
- P EDU 9289: Focus with Topics to Accelerate Learning (1-6)
- P EDU 9401: Developing Motivating Instructional Projects (1-3)
- P EDU 9085: Enhancing Curriculum with Learning Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9087: Expanding Today’s Curriculum with Teacher Made Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9199: Multi-Sensory Activities & Development (1-3)
- P EDU 9088: Adapting Curriculum Through Teacher-made Projects/Activities (1-3)
- P EDU 9467: Language Arts Creativity Practicum (1-3)