I am excited to be offering online classes. The next one is a 7-day/1-hour/day intensive. May 4th-14th (no class May 10-12).
I taught my first online class in March and here is what I thought:
People had been asking me to offer online classes for years and I was so resistant. I couldn’t imagine how I could do what I do in person through a screen. It is a very different format, BUT it’s great! The energy and fun of class still comes through AND there are some other advantages.
1. There are people from all over the US, and even a student in Mexico participating in class. Several past students are there who I hadn’t seen in ages and its so great to see them all again.
2. Students are at home (or work) and we get to meet their pets and significant others. The student in Mexico was in a café one day and he gave us a tour of a beautiful mural.
4. Guest visitors! Today, in the intermediate class my friend Juan Carlos from joined us and talked to the group about his life in Ubrique, Spain. Tomorrow my friend Pilar in Mérida, Spain will talk with us. I can’t wait to introduce friends from throughout the Spanish-speaking world to my students!
4. It’s fun using the chat feature of Zoom meeting. I ask a question when we are creating a story together and students type in their answers. I love this flow of ideas coming through.
5. We’re experimenting with 45 minutes M-F for two weeks. Its great to see everyone everyday and students are reporting that they like having the daily burst of Spanish.
6. I’ll probably discover another cool feature tonight.. Seems like there is something new each class.
I look forward to seeing everyone each class and playing with Spanish together. I can’t believe it took me so long to try this.
Find more information about our upcoming class here.