We’re excited to be offering a weekly in-person class in Sag Harbor, NY. The class begins February 1 and runs for 10 weeks on Wednesdays from 7-8:30pm. There is a free demo class Wednesday, January 18th from 7-8pm. Registration and more information is here.
Spring session of Spanish begins April 23rd (Brattleboro)
Becca Rice will be teaching a beginner and “advanced beginner” Spanish classes starting Tuesday.
Beginner Spanish: 4:30pm-6:15pm
Advanced Beginner Spanish: 6:30-8:30pm
If you haven’t yet experienced one of Becca’s classes– we highly recommend it!!!
Check out a 1-min clip from a beginner class. During our classes we like to talk about students and their interests. In this class Becca learned that one of the students has a cat who hunts mice but doesn’t eat them. In this clip she is having students dramatize the situation. (Notice the laughter in the background! That right there is a core element of our classes. We want students to enjoy themselves and almost forget they are “learning” anything so that the language can sneak in the back door.)
Online Spanish Begins May 6th
I am excited to be offering online classes. The next one is a 6-day/1-hour/day intensive. May 6th-14th (no class May 10-12).
I taught my first online class in March and here is what I thought:
People had been asking me to offer online classes for years and I was so resistant. I couldn’t imagine how I could do what I do in person through a screen. It is a very different format, BUT it’s great! The energy and fun of class still comes through AND there are some other advantages.
1. There are people from all over the US, and even a student in Mexico participating in class. Several past students are there who I hadn’t seen in ages and its so great to see them all again.
2. Students are at home (or work) and we get to meet their pets and significant others. The student in Mexico was in a café one day and he gave us a tour of a beautiful mural.
4. Guest visitors! Today, in the intermediate class my friend Juan Carlos from joined us and talked to the group about his life in Ubrique, Spain. Tomorrow my friend Pilar in Mérida, Spain will talk with us. I can’t wait to introduce friends from throughout the Spanish-speaking world to my students!
4. It’s fun using the chat feature of Zoom meeting. I ask a question when we are creating a story together and students type in their answers. I love this flow of ideas coming through.
5. We’re experimenting with 45 minutes M-F for two weeks. Its great to see everyone everyday and students are reporting that they like having the daily burst of Spanish.
6. I’ll probably discover another cool feature tonight.. Seems like there is something new each class.
I look forward to seeing everyone each class and playing with Spanish together. I can’t believe it took me so long to try this.
Find more information about our upcoming class here.
Coming back to NYC!
We are excited to be returning to Manhattan this January 12th-13th for an Intermediate Spanish class.
Read more and register here.
Free Spanish Class- Thursday, November 29th
We hope you can join us on Thursday, November 29th from 6-7pm at 12 Flat Street in Brattleboro, VT to learn the secret to acquiring a new language with ease! We’ll point you in the direction of what to look for in a language program and you will experience our comprehension-based methods for yourself! Register here. And bring a friend!